It’s not easy to meet up with Priyanka Chopra. But when we managed to squeeze in sometime between her endorsements shoots, film promotions, over seeing her home productions and what not, we got a little insight into the beautiful actress. Read about it all in our ‘Heart to Soul’ section…
1) Priyanka you started working when you were very young. Do you at times feel you could not enjoy your growing up years like other girls?
Yes it’s true I started working when I was very young. I was only 14 or 15 when I started work. And I really don’t have any regrets, but yes my mother does. According to her, by starting work early I have did not have the chance to enjoy my growing up years.
2) Is it true that your mother also resents the fact that unlike other teenagers you did not date or do the other things which other young people do?
Yes it’s true she is not happy about the fact that I did not get to lead a normal life like chatting on the phone with friends or dating boys like all college girls do.
3) What about the present? Do you ever think about marriage?
Frankly I don’t get the time to think about love or marriage.
4) Coming to your professional life, are you content with your career?
An actor is never satisfied with his career. But I am content that I could put my country’s name on an international level with my work.
5) You have an extremely hectic schedule. So when you have time for yourself how do you like to spend it?
I am a very private person and I like spending time with myself. I like writing poetry and at times I get very emotional when I am penning poems and even shed tears. Besides writing poetry I like doing yoga, reading and dance.
6) After stepping into the international arena you are hardly visible on the Indian scene. Do you plan to concentrate more on Hindi cinema?
Yes I plan to do some amazing Hindi films. I was busy with my television series, Quantico and Baywatch, but now I plan to concentrate on cinema back home.
7) Talking about Hindi cinema who is your favourite heroine?
I like Vidya Balan. She is a natural actress and whether it’s The Dirty Picture or Kahaani she truly gets under the skin of her character.
8) You are known as a fashion icon. Who according to you has the best dressing style amongst the actors?
I like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan’s dressing style.
9) Do you have a dream role, you would love to do?
I liked Kajol’s role in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and my desire is to do a role like that.
10) If not an actress what would you have been?
I would have been an engineer because I was very good at my studies. Hmmm, yes, I would have been an engineer.
Interviewed By: Arti Saxena